Pantone Colors for 2013 – Blue in Green
We’ll be listening to Miles Davis “Blue in Green” in 2013 thanks to the lovely inspiration from Pantone’s 2013 color palette. We love it!
How to pair:
Pair African Violet with Poppy Red, a seductive, sensual and celebratory shade.
Pair Dusk Blue with the intensity of Nectarine for an unexpected mix.
Try pairing Linen with Grayed Jade or Dusk Blue.
Pair Monaco Blue with Poppy Red and Linen, or Monaco Blue and Emerald for a fresh collegiate look.
From Pantone’s lips to our ears:
The prevalence of green this spring is undeniable. Similar to the many shades in our natural surroundings, this season’s greens offer a stunning foreground or the perfect backdrop for all other hues.
- Tender Shoots, like the first signs of spring, a vibrant yellow-green, is invigorating, active and cheerful.
- Grayed Jade, a subtle, hushed green with a gray undertone, brings about a mood of quiet reflection and repose.
- Sophisticated Emerald, a lively, radiant green, inspires insight and clarity while enhancing our sense of well-being.
- Dusk Blue offers a calming sense of serenity akin to its green counterpart, Grayed Jade. Both of these colors act as the season’s newest neutrals.
- A warm neutral, Linen is light and airy, providing a nudelike basic that is a must have for spring.
- Exotic African Violet is a statement color that brings a touch of intrigue to the palette, as purples often do, and can be incorporated into many unexpected combinations.
- Exuberant Poppy Red, a seductive, sensual and celebratory shade. Whether it’s a knockout dress or a kiss on the lips, every woman’s wardrobe and beauty essentials should include this spirited, true red.
- Nectarine, a bright, effervescent citrus orange with coral undertones, provides a tangy burst of flavor.
- Lemon Zest brings out a piquant taste with its refreshing, spritely greenish cast.
via Spring 2013 women’s fashion trend colors – Pantone Fashion Color Report Spring 2013.